Football season is a big deal around here. And as February approaches we all know that the big game will be on soon. It doesn’t matter which teams play in the game, I can still guarantee we’ll be watching. The big game on tv also means that we’ll be snacking! Because we’re trying to make smart food choices, I’ll be sure to keep that in mind when planning our game day menu. Today I’m sharing a favorite recipe of ours, perfect for game day. Cilantro Jalapeno Dip is the perfect combination of creamy and spicey with subtle hints of garlic and paprika.
- 2 cups Plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 tbsp Cream Cheese (or 1/3 less fat Cream Cheese)
- 1 handful Cilantro
- 1/4 cup Mezzetta Deli-Sliced Tamed Jalapeno Peppers
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 2 cloves Garlic
- In a food processor or blender combine all ingredients. Process/blend on high for 3-5 minutes. Mixture should be smooth with no chunks.
- The Cilantro Jalapeno Dip can be served hot or cold. If you'd prefer to serve the dip hot, heat in a ramekin in the oven at 375 for 20 minutes. When serving the dip cold, transfer from the food processor/blender to a ramekin and garnish with a few leaves of cilantro and a slice of jalapeno.
- Enjoy the dip with a vegetable platter, chips, pita chips or sliced bread.
Save this recipe! Print it or pin it for your next get together. You’ll be glad that you did. It is definitely a crowd pleaser.
One of the best things about this dip is that it can be served hot or cold! Either way, it tastes fabulous! Tossing everything into a food processor or blender makes this recipe so quicky and easy (and less mess too!). If you have the extra time and want to serve the Cilantro Jalapeno Dip hot, it only takes a few minutes. And you can serve it immediately when serving it cold. We like the dip with vegetables, such as snap peas, carrots, cherry tomatoes and celery sticks. If you’re craving carbs though, the Cilantro Jalapeno Dip is tasty on bread, crackers, chips, and pita chips! Pretty much anything goes.
Be sure to enter the Mezzetta Homegating Sweepstakes!
• Grand Prize (1) – 55” 4K LED TV plus the Mezzetta Homegating Party Pack including Mezzetta branded football, blanket, pint glasses (4), cooler, party tray, cocktail napkins, and a jar each of Mezzetta Whole Golden Greek Peperoncini, Deli-Sliced Tamed Jalapeños, Deli-Sliced Mild Pepper Rings, Sliced Golden Greek Peperoncini, Roasted Bell Peppers and Deli-Sliced Roasted Bell Pepper Strips.
• Runner Up Prizes (10) – Mezzetta Homegating Party Pack
To enter you’ll leave your full name and Email Address. Sweeps ends 1/26/2016. Winners will be chosen at random, winner will be notified and will receive prize within 2 weeks.
And because the dip is made with plain greek yogurt rather than mayo, the calorie content is much lower and the protein content is high! Is there anything better than a tasty homegating dip recipe that you can basically eat guilt free?
What are your favorite foods to make for when you’re watching football or other sports on tv? Or, for when you’re entertaining guests?